During the summer months keeping your home cool is essential. As the mercury rises on the outside your cooling sources pull more energy inside to keep your home comfortable. This is because your AC is working double to cool your home. However there are ways to save on your bill with some simple energy saving cooling tips.
- Clean your air filters regularly, to avoid clogging and freezing your coils
- Get a programmable thermostat, which can be programmed to start the AC before you get home.
- Keep the sun out, use blinds or window coverings during the day when the sun is more intense.
- Avoid using to many heat producing appliances at the same time, try to space it out. Use your washer, dryer and dishwashers at night or early morning. Our stoves are our biggest heat producers so if you can, use your microwave instead as it uses 2/3 less energy for heating.
- Turn off appliances like computers, video game consoles and cable boxes, when left running they can run up your electric bill.
- Change your light bulbs, Incandescent light bulbs are heat generators so, switching to energy efficient will help cut down some cost.
- Use fans they generally pull less energy, change the direction of your ceiling fans counterclockwise for better airflow & cooling.
Keep cool this summer and save some energy….